- What is it? An interactive tool and community resource that connects local schools and community members directly with Teaching Artists.
- Search. Find a full listing of registered educators by clicking on the Arts Educator link to the right
- What is the difference between a SPECTRA Artist and a Community Based Artist/Organization?
- SPECTRA Artists qualifications have been reviewed by a panel of Cultural Council staff, artists and educators; they meet the Cultural Council's rigorous best practices standards and are knowledgeable about the California Content Standards for Visual and Performing Arts.
- Community-based artists and organizations are not screened in any way by the Cultural Council and are included to expand Teaching Artist opportunities throughout our community.
For Teachers and School Administrators
The Teaching Artist Directory:
- Offers programs in visual, performing and literary arts that align with the California Content Standards for Visual and Performing Arts.
- Includes artist details include contact information, program fees, class descriptions and requirements to help you decide what suits your needs.
- SPECTRA Matching Grants (link) are available to support work with SPECTRA artists. Schools contract directly with the artist, following the school’s procedures. How to Hire a SPECTRA Artist (Word / PDF) offers step by step guidance for getting started.