Dear First Friday Community,
After many years of partnering with Good Times Santa Cruz, we have made a decision to discontinue individual event listings and reinvest in our marketing resources moving forward.
This decision was not come to lightly. It has been an ongoing discussion for the last many years.
After conducting informal interviews with event participants and select venue hosts, it is clear to us that the way people find out about events has changed significantly in recent years and increasing our online and social media presence is imperative. With the vast majority of our marketing budget being freed up we feel that we are able to better meet our goal of deepening our communities understanding and engagement with the arts and artists through increased arts writing, review and discussion along side new marketing initiatives that we hope will keep First Friday fresh and continue to grow the monthly audience, while finding ways to feature the many exciting artists and exhibits that we haven’t been able to.
Some of the changes you can look forward to in how we promote First Friday are:
- Promoting exhibits throughout the month not only the one night event but the full show run.
- Publication of a bi-monthly re-designed email newsletter, with in depth features in addition to an email featuring comprehensive event listings.
- Increase in dedicated social media content all month long.
- Dedicated First Friday writers and photographers to capture your events, share more in depth stories about local artists, events and happenings.
- Monthly outreach to local and regional publications sharing First Friday feature press releases.
Here’s what you can do to maximize your participation in First Friday Santa Cruz:
- Invite your lists to subscribe to our email newsletter here:
- When you post on social media tag #firstfridaysantacruz.
- If you have something coming up that you think is extra special and could be a good feature, email us! We’d love to help.
As always, do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions or concerns or even just to continue the conversation.
Chip & Abra
First Friday Santa Cruz